Accessories & gadgets installed on ur bull

chaudhary

Reaction score
Dr.DEOL wrote:

thnxx guyz...
@chief-i want 100wt inverter for charging the batteries of my cam or lappy... that will be mainly used on my car..
@chaudhary- why below the oddometer... there are lots of wires any no enough space for ciggy lighter... i think under the toolbox is most secure position for it.. u can put ur mobile on charging and lock the tool box... i think ur GPS device's wire will b long enough to reach the tool box..
@Dr. Deol, I had given a thoguht of putting it under the toolbox, but due to ease of use i prefer it under the speedometer. There are 3 reasons why i want it below the speedometer.
1. My GPS needs contineous charging, or within 2 hrs battery is drained out. So i cant keep it locked inside the toolbox.
2. If I connect it from the toolbox, the wire will be hanging betweeen handle bar and toolbox, which could be dangerous sometime. I can stick it with doctors tape or otherway, but this has tobe done everytime.
3. There will be more wear and tear of paint, wires due to brushing up with the body.

Anand

Reaction score
@Chaudhary kindly post pics after you are done with it

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Where in mumbai i can get such mod installed on my bull. I know there are plenty of such options in delhi, but being new to mumbai - somebody please direct me to the right place.

chaudhary

Reaction score
@Anand, surely will post the pics, somwhere in 1st or 2nd week of Nov.
@Sajeesh, there is technical information required as such, m planning to get it done by myself, will buy raw material from car accessory shop. Will show it to you in our meet or ride sometime when you are back from your tour and I back from nothern india Drive :)

Dr.DEOL

Reaction score
in recent trip to delhi... i bought a electric air compressor(metalic body) from bansal tools ,gali no 24 karolbagh... in rs 750.. it works fine..today i tested my air pump.. it fills my front flat tyre in 30 seconds..and pressure meter works fine..(double checked with mechanic's meter) i set the idle at 2000 rpm and than connected it to my tbts's lighter socket... now i will check this on my electra 4s...

chaudhary

Reaction score
Dr.DEOL wrote:

in recent trip to delhi... i bought a electric air compressor(metalic body) from bansal tools ,gali no 24 karolbagh... in rs 750.. it works fine..today i tested my air pump.. it fills my front flat tyre in 30 seconds..and pressure meter works fine..(double checked with mechanic's meter) i set the idle at 2000 rpm and than connected it to my tbts's lighter socket... now i will check this on my electra 4s...
Great, could you let us know the size in dimension and weight of this compressor?

Anand

Reaction score
@Dr. Deol that's cool. Additionally if you have that guy's contact # can you mail me. I can ask my cousin it pick it up for me and courier it :)

Dr.DEOL

Reaction score
i bought it from bansal tools and hardware,gali no. 24,karol bagh..and rest of items from jeetu bike point... here is a pic so u can asses the size.. i think it weights 500-600 gms.. dont buy any plastic body air compressor.. they heat quickly and takes more time to cool.. i searched many shops but this product is good..

Anand

Reaction score
Wow this is nice. I too heard from many people that plastic body comp are no good. Let me ask my cousin to help me out.

chaudhary

Reaction score
This looks really cool, and indeed small in size. I bought one pump(chinese one) from bareilly for my car. It costs around Rs 120/- :) . Its similar to cycle pumps and took around a minute to fill my cars tyre. But lil bulky due its size.

I will go with you Dr. for the machine.

Dr.DEOL

Reaction score
@ chaudhary- come on 27th and just see the demo..:);)

chaudhary

Reaction score
Guyz while searching on net i found an small inverter online, i am not sure how useful it will be. But i wish to buy it and carry it with me on all the rides and drives. Here is the link check it out. http://www.ebay.in/itm/Portable-600W-CAR-DC-12V-AC-220V-POWER-INVERTER-INVERTOR-/220852988289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item336bdd2981 . On my way to delhi next month, will first check it in karol bagh.

Well i too have installed a ciggi lighter on my BULL, below the speedometer. The switch is same as of parking lights, trust me it worked like hell in my last ride. It was a bumpy ride with loose gravels all over, the charging did not stop even for once. I am satisfied.

Dr.DEOL

Reaction score
i think its too heavy for our bull's batteries... and we should opt for 90 watt invertor for our bulls ... so we can charge our lappy or digicam's battery...
chaeck this link to understand invertor'maximun incuming current....http://www.circuitstoday.com/100-watt-inverter-circuit
as for 100 watt ... acc to P=VXI,,, I =P/V,, 100/12,,, 8.33 amp will be maximum current... when we put a load of 100 watt on that invertor... and i think our new UCE bulls can support this current...
go for this type of invertors...http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/100-watt-inverter.html

Reaction score
I think we must have a waterproof box with cellphone charging and transparent view that can be fitted on the tank or handlebar, where we can secure the gps/mobile/navigator devices and ride hassle free even if it starts raining.

Sam Verma

Reaction score
Dr.DEOL said:
hiiii
I.B.R. s
please share wat kind of accesories nd gadgets u installed or use during trip...
if possible, post d pics of same..

Merged on August 09 2011 13:13:41:
i installed a Cigarette lighter in my TBTS..
i think it may b used for many purpose eg. mobile charger..
work iz done by myself B)
I use action camera fitted on the handke bar. Also fitted is cig lighter and mob charger. Cig lighter is used to work the electric air pump. In addition I have led projector lights in addn to the head lamp. I have fitted a round leather bag just above the tail light and another below the front number plate. 
I have also fixed a hook and loop for office bag at the rear side. Bugee nets and cords, tank bag, saddle bag, antenna etc are other items I use.