Reaction score
Hello My Dear Brothers!!!!!

Please suggest me buying a GPS device which is handy and economical..:idea:

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Hi Shiva,

Even i was looking for this equipment and have done loads of googling. There is a device which is dedicatedly launched for "Motorcycles" by "Map My India" with a model named "Trail Blazer" costing approx 17 K. but the issue is, right from day 1 it says out of stock and its also expensive....

Hence i have decided that i would fix a mobile holder to my bike and use my mobile for the MAPS. Off late "NOKIA" has come up with numerous models in "LUMIA".

Kindly note that i am not endorsing any product but just sharing my experience.... i have used almost all the brands of mobiles including apple & Samsung, but the experience which i had in Nokia (for maps) is far better than any other brand.

most of the mobiles should be connected to internet just for checking the map for references also; but in this case you can download the map and the best part is you can upgrade as on when required.... and so on....

anyways, i feel that we are going off topic... i feel this is the best option if you add a mobile charger point to your bike...

I am just sharing the knowledge which i have... brothers, if i am going wrong somewhere please correct me...

Hope this reply would be useful for you to take a decision...

Cheers
VeErA

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Reaction score
An android phone with sygic offline maps is the best in cheapest form. I have been using it on my samsung s2, s3 and Tab 2 since a long time. You can free maps from mapsofindia...

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Thanks Chief... Thanks for the Knowledge Sharing...

swamina

Reaction score
HI,
As said by Chief, Sygic would be the best app. But i am not sure, offline map for India is available now (In free version). Hope it was available couple of years ago when i used. But not sure now, but still its good in online mode as well. :idea:

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Reaction score
swamina said:
HI,
As said by Chief, Sygic would be the best app. But i am not sure, offline map for India is available now (In free version). Hope it was available couple of years ago when i used. But not sure now, but still its good in online mode as well. :idea:
It is available state-wise. Just download and enjoy. but ensure that you download only indian version for Sygic. For that go to google plan and type sygic india. The first software that appears is the indian version.

Jaison Thomas

Reaction score
Sygic is a cool app for android phones, however the maps takes a long time to download on ur phone unless you use wifi... I ll prefer google along with a Rynox GPS mont whr data connection is avaliable, but if I am stranded.. I ll go with Sygic.

Chk this link- http://m.overdrive.in/features/product-review-rynox-5-5-inch-phone-mount-for-motorcycles/

I also love Garmin GPS devices - http://www.garmin.co.in/products/ontheroad/

I think the hand trail GPS devices are cheap by Garmin and its affordable- http://www.garmin.co.in/products/onthetrail/

Guys please throw some other suggestions if possible... Am also searching for a nice realiable GPS device.

Thanks Amigos :)

Jaison Thomas

Reaction score
Registered Garmin Dealer/Distributor in Mumbai

Mumbai ELEKTRONIK LAB R/13 Navroz Baug, Lalbaug, Mumbai, 400 012
Phone +91-22-24715115
FAX +91-22-24710444

Link- http://www.garmin.co.in/distributor/

Cheers :)

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Reaction score
For India, Map my India devices are far better. I have not used it personally but have heard good reviews

Sam Verma

Reaction score
Guardian said:
Hi Shiva,

Even i was looking for this equipment and have done loads of googling. There is a device which is dedicatedly launched for "Motorcycles" by "Map My India" with a model named "Trail Blazer" costing approx 17 K. but the issue is, right from day 1 it says out of stock and its also expensive....

Hence i have decided that i would fix a mobile holder to my bike and use my mobile for the MAPS. Off late "NOKIA" has come up with numerous models in "LUMIA".

Kindly note that i am not endorsing any product but just sharing my experience.... i have used almost all the brands of mobiles including apple & Samsung, but the experience which i had in Nokia (for maps) is far better than any other brand.

most of the mobiles should be connected to internet just for checking the map for references also; but in this case you can download the map and the best part is you can upgrade as on when required.... and so on....

anyways, i feel that we are going off topic... i feel this is the best option if you add a mobile charger point to your bike...

I am just sharing the knowledge which i have... brothers, if i am going wrong somewhere please correct me...

Cheers
VeErA
Nice idea. Have tried it. It works well only when Internet signal is there. Or you have updated latest offline maps.

Sam Verma

Reaction score
Guardian said:
Hi Shiva,

Cheers
VeErA
I agree. Mobile phone loaded with offline maps is a better and economical option for navigation. We can charge it while riding too via charger fitted on handlebar or from battery bank. Customized navigation eqpt are very expensive and not readily available.