IBR Chennai : February MTR to Kanchipuram

brat

Reaction score
Well.. its February.. the last of the cool winter months where in we can enjoy the Cool and misty mornings in HOT HOT Chennai..!!

This month's MTR was originally planned on ECR as expected..but a spate of high speed bike accidents by some irresponsible bikers 
caused police presence on the ECR and heavy checking of bikes and bikers. This would definitely have been a hindrance on our ride..
So a last minute change and the ride was planned to the historical town of Kanchipuram.

The interesting part was that the ride included a mix of 4-6 lane highway as well as 2 lane country roads with heavy traffic expected between Chennai and Kanchipuram 
due to the weekend.

The Following riders turned up for the ride..!!

Saravana Kumar
Venkat Raman
Sandeep Jain
Vetrivel Arumugam
Sriram Iyer
Sibaprasad Behera
Daniel Naveen
Vinoth Krishnan
Bharath Kandasamy
Kenneth Massey
Shiva Rama Krishnan
Bharatraj

and 

Gokul Chander  (Our Iron Butt member came all the way from Coimbatore for this.. and joined us at Kanchipuram!! 465 kms..!! ) 

The Ride started as planned with everyone meeting up at the aptly named "Jesus Calls Tower" on the Western Outskirts of Chennai..!!
It was a pretty interesting start as we had riders coming from all corners of Chennai to a common point..!!
For some of us that was in itself a ride of 35-40 kms 
But then .. nothing beats riding through the cool morning breeze at 0500 hrs on Chennai's well lit and beautifully laid roads.

The highlight of every ride lies in the destination.. but for this particular ride.. the highlight was THE BEGINNING.. THE FIRST 20 KMS ..!!
Why you may ask..
Well..... Chennai has a brand new 8 Lane OUTER RING ROAD.... newly laid and not yet commissioned..!!
We got onto this lane and .. that was .. real heaven..!! The cold of the morning had the mist settled and for a large part of the ride.. it was a feeling of
"Riding on the Clouds" AND.. we were the only ones on this road..AMAZING.. to say the least..!

From then on it was a pretty normal ride all the way to the trun off from the highway which led into the 2 lane country roads all the way to Kanchipuram 
where we were greeted into the city with a lot of wide eyed citizens.. who were totally in disbelief with the sheer sound of all the bikes thumping 
across the small town.
To the extent that the guys at the Breakfast point were not prepared for us and had to allot us the Car Parking lot instead of the bike parking.

The ride back was also pretty sane with a minor debacle as the group got separated due to the traffic and the narrow roads and lanes..
and took two ways out of the Kanchipuram onto the Chennai Highway... however we met up on the highway and headed back to familiar territory and back home.

The big plus point on this ride was 
We had 6 new joiners for the ride that after a 20+ members monthly meet. . 
It was a hearty feeling to know that IBR Chennai is growing. :D :D

Personally for me.. it would have been the last ride this season for me with my brothers as i would be heading back to 
Sea (my second home) but for the Valentines day ride to Horsely  hills to meet up with IBR Bangalore.

Any which ways.. i will be back in September and riding.. thats what matters..!!
and and and... Bulletiappa.. that .. i wont miss it this time..!!

Well that is another story..!! :blush: :blush:

flying_truck

Reaction score
My first ride in a group and it was an awesome experience thanks to everyone who took part. Thanks to the club for coming up with this route for the mtr!

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Good going Chennai Brothers...

Bharat bhai... Nice Write up...

Cheers,
VeErA

Satty

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Good to see Chennai chapter growing..Great going brothers..!! :)

Skay

IBRO
Reaction score
Nice write up Cap10... the ORR stretch was really a fantastic road to ride in the early mornings... and the formation was beautiful, though we had a lot of new riders.... 

Cheers,
Skay. 

captsafi

Reaction score
Hi capt, would like to join trip, new to town, pls guide me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skay

IBRO
Reaction score
captsafi said:
Hi capt, would like to join trip, new to town, pls guide me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi, Please join Chennai chapter facebook page and attend our monthly meeting. All updates will be posted in the FB page.  

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ibrchennai/

Thanks
Skay