Jerry Can for Royal Enfield for Ladhak


ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
Hi friends,
I am planning to go to ladhak this season. Almost evrything is done and has been arranged. 

But I am still not able to find Jerry can for my Ladhak Carrier.
It is a regular size ladhak carreir, but of better quality and more joints. However the size is same as that of everyone. 

Can anyone tell me where I can get jerry can to carry petrol. 
I need 5L x 2 cans for that purpose. 

Will highly appreciate If someone can help.
 

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
Hyderabad
ARCHER said:
Hi friends,
I am planning to go to ladhak this season. Almost evrything is done and has been arranged. 

But I am still not able to find Jerry can for my Ladhak Carrier.
It is a regular size ladhak carreir, but of better quality and more joints. However the size is same as that of everyone. 

Can anyone tell me where I can get jerry can to carry petrol. 
I need 5L x 2 cans for that purpose. 

Will highly appreciate If someone can help.
Bhai,

I suggest to go with plastic cans which are readily available in the market instead of spending your money on "Jerry Cans"...

It surely suffice the purpose... and you can spend the additional money on something else... 

Below is the link to buy one... but they got only 10 Lts min. capacity. however suggest you to kindly check with them personally...

http://www.nh4motorheads.com/store/index.php/riding/for-motorcycle/jeep-jerry-cans-in-india.html

Happy & Safe Riding !!!

Cheers,
VeErA
 

jitu

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Hyderabad
During my trip to leh, I had 4 pepsi bottles(two litres each) and worked perfectly fine. As these bottle are flexible solid too. Easy to carry and find.
 

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
74
Points
48
Location
Mumbai
Go to any shop that deals in utensils or plastic home kitchen/washroom accessories. Usually they have the Jerry cans in plenty and in different sizes. Before that, take measurement of the inner surface area of LC can holder. Not all standard LC have the same can holder size (yes it varies). There shouldn't be a gap of more than half inch between inner surface of holder and outer surface area of the can. Buy a softer sheet plastic can (more flexible) which won't break during a fall.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
Sajeesh said:
Go to any shop that deals in utensils or plastic home kitchen/washroom accessories. Usually they have the Jerry cans in plenty and in different sizes. Before that, take measurement of the inner surface area of LC can holder. Not all standard LC have the same can holder size (yes it varies). There shouldn't be a gap of more than half inch between inner surface of holder and outer surface area of the can. Buy a softer sheet plastic can (more flexible) which won't break during a fall.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi Sajeesh. 
Thanks for the inputs. Yesterday one of my friend found one shop near Kalkaji. 
The perfect jerry can or hard plastic can one can ask for this trip. Just bought 4 for 100rs. 

If anyone intend to buy those I have the location on google map., would be happy to share, 

Yes that is correct, all LC are not exactly same. many of my friends were able to fit in sAfola Can. Mine does not take it.
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
jitu said:
During my trip to leh, I had 4 pepsi bottles(two litres each) and worked perfectly fine. As these bottle are flexible solid too.  Easy to carry and find.
Hi Jitu, 
If you have LC installed then why not use that provided space.

You can utilize Saddle bag for other impo things, 
Those 4 pepsi bottles would take fair amount of space in your Saddle bag,.s
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
Bullet Brigade said:
ARCHER said:
Hi friends,
I am planning to go to ladhak this season. Almost evrything is done and has been arranged. 

But I am still not able to find Jerry can for my Ladhak Carrier.
It is a regular size ladhak carreir, but of better quality and more joints. However the size is same as that of everyone. 

Can anyone tell me where I can get jerry can to carry petrol. 
I need 5L x 2 cans for that purpose. 

Will highly appreciate If someone can help.
Bhai,

I suggest to go with plastic cans which are readily available in the market instead of spending your money on "Jerry Cans"...

It surely suffice the purpose... and you can spend the additional money on something else... 

Below is the link to buy one... but they got only 10 Lts min. capacity. however suggest you to kindly check with them personally...

http://www.nh4motorheads.com/store/index.php/riding/for-motorcycle/jeep-jerry-cans-in-india.html

Happy & Safe Riding !!!

Cheers,
VeErA
Hi ,

thanks for the help. I have already been to this page. size does not matches. I think these are for jeeps. or 4 wheeler.
 

jitu

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Hyderabad
ARCHER said:
jitu said:
During my trip to leh, I had 4 pepsi bottles(two litres each) and worked perfectly fine. As these bottle are flexible solid too.  Easy to carry and find.
Hi Jitu, 
If you have LC installed then why not use that provided space.

You can utilize Saddle bag for other impo things, 
Those 4 pepsi bottles would take fair amount of space in your Saddle bag,.s
I didnt feel like to have lc. Pepsi bottles was in saddle, 2 each side along with some bike reparir kit. All rest of my stuff was in big bag specially brought it for leh trip. Bag also supported me for back support. For my 10days solo trip that arrangement worked great for me.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
 

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Joined
Nov 22, 2007
Messages
2,048
Reaction score
74
Points
48
Location
Mumbai
Even I have never installed LC ever. For me Saddle bag had always been an easy way to put and carry. Used the same funda of carrying petrol in pepsi and bottles and stack it in the side pockets. However 6-8 litres of fuel ain't sufficient at times.

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
jitu said:
ARCHER said:
jitu said:
During my trip to leh, I had 4 pepsi bottles(two litres each) and worked perfectly fine. As these bottle are flexible solid too.  Easy to carry and find.
Hi Jitu, 
If you have LC installed then why not use that provided space.

You can utilize Saddle bag for other impo things, 
Those 4 pepsi bottles would take fair amount of space in your Saddle bag,.s
I didnt feel like to have lc. Pepsi bottles was in saddle, 2 each side along with some bike reparir kit. All rest of my stuff was in big bag specially brought it for leh trip. Bag also supported me for back support. For my 10days solo trip that arrangement worked great for me.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
 Hi, 
So did you carried that bag pack on your back for journey ? so did some arrangement like planted it on back seat and used it for lower back support. 

I am using sleeping bag for lower back support.
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
Sajeesh said:
Even I have never installed LC ever. For me Saddle bag had always been an easy way to put and carry. Used the same funda of carrying petrol in pepsi and bottles and stack it in the side pockets. However 6-8 litres of fuel ain't sufficient at times.

Sent from my D6502 using Tapatalk
Saddle bags are very easy to attach yes. But LC will equally distribute your weight of saddle bag across the body., the center of gravity would be wide and directly off the suspension. 

I have been to trips with both LC and Saddle bags, for short trip like Kasol and Narkanda, Saddle bags are just fine. 
But feel a urge to install them for ladhak, 
I would need 10L of Fuel, also the fuel they provide has gasoline mixed. 
would try not to use their fuel for this purpose. 

Also in water crossing if u fall, keeps ur bike at 45*, so ur saddle bags are not completely dipped in water. 
Its a long trip, you want to have many things in saddle bags. If i try to fit it fuel bottles, that might take lot of space and whole packing get very tight. 


##THis would be the account i will use, can you pls help me del "archer"
 

jitu

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Hyderabad
ADITYA_SINGH said:
jitu said:
ARCHER said:
jitu said:
During my trip to leh, I had 4 pepsi bottles(two litres each) and worked perfectly fine. As these bottle are flexible solid too.  Easy to carry and find.
Hi Jitu, 
If you have LC installed then why not use that provided space.

You can utilize Saddle bag for other impo things, 
Those 4 pepsi bottles would take fair amount of space in your Saddle bag,.s
I didnt feel like to have lc. Pepsi bottles was in saddle, 2 each side along with some bike reparir kit. All rest of my stuff was in big bag specially brought it for leh trip. Bag also supported me for back support. For my 10days solo trip that arrangement worked great for me.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
 Hi, 
So did you carried that bag pack on your back for journey ? so did some arrangement like planted it on back seat and used it for lower back support. 

I am using sleeping bag for lower back support.
Nothing goes on my shoulder.
Let show pic of bike from that trip. My tent sleeping bag cloths was in the bag


Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
jitu said:
ADITYA_SINGH said:
jitu said:
ARCHER said:
jitu said:
During my trip to leh, I had 4 pepsi bottles(two litres each) and worked perfectly fine. As these bottle are flexible solid too.  Easy to carry and find.
Hi Jitu, 
If you have LC installed then why not use that provided space.

You can utilize Saddle bag for other impo things, 
Those 4 pepsi bottles would take fair amount of space in your Saddle bag,.s
I didnt feel like to have lc. Pepsi bottles was in saddle, 2 each side along with some bike reparir kit. All rest of my stuff was in big bag specially brought it for leh trip. Bag also supported me for back support. For my 10days solo trip that arrangement worked great for me.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
 Hi, 
So did you carried that bag pack on your back for journey ? so did some arrangement like planted it on back seat and used it for lower back support. 

I am using sleeping bag for lower back support.
Nothing goes on my shoulder.
Let show pic of bike from that trip. My tent sleeping bag cloths was in the bag


Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk


Looks great. Are these stock tires ?
 

jitu

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Hyderabad
Nope. Ceat vertigo sports rear, ceat xl grip sports front

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
jitu said:
Nope. Ceat vertigo sports rear, ceat xl grip sports front

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
hahaha great. Exactly what I have in mind. 
I have another option for Rear ones, Its from Ralco, does nt remember exact name, 

Ceat vertigo are hard to find. 

So any tangible improvement in handling,

Also wondering if acceleration has been slowed down, my friends have offroaders(not these, they are hybrid. ), his bike runs at -10kmph on highway. Get very sticky,
 

jitu

Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
Hyderabad
With rear one didnt feel anything. Front gives u litte hard movement in traffic. No acceleration issue... To me.
Improved breaking and handling on the road also off the road.

I guess u might like ralco blaster .

Have fun there and ride with calm head
Are you going via manali? If yes, then over it 2 days.. Landscapes are just awesome give more time to photogrphy and relax in this side.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
 

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Joined
Apr 4, 2014
Messages
1,026
Reaction score
9
Points
38
Location
Hyderabad
ADITYA_SINGH said:
jitu said:
Nope. Ceat vertigo sports rear, ceat xl grip sports front

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
hahaha great. Exactly what I have in mind. 
I have another option for Rear ones, Its from Ralco, does nt remember exact name, 
Its called SPEED BLASTER from RALCO...

Cheers,
VeErA
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
jitu said:
With rear one didnt feel anything. Front gives u litte hard movement in traffic. No acceleration issue... To me.
Improved breaking and handling on the road also off the road.

I guess u might like ralco blaster .

Have fun there and ride with calm head
Are you going via manali? If yes, then over it 2 days.. Landscapes are just awesome give more time to photogrphy and relax in this side.

Sent from my LG-D690 using Tapatalk
Yea going from Manali to Rohtang. 

I have 1 more route in mind, that is trying Narkanda, But for now Manali is final.
 

ADITYA_SINGH

Active Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
New Delhi
Bullet Brigade said:
ADITYA_SINGH said:
hahaha great. Exactly what I have in mind. 
I have another option for Rear ones, Its from Ralco, does nt remember exact name, 
Its called SPEED BLASTER from RALCO...

Cheers,
VeErA
Yes the same.
 
Top