Riding Plus Hiking Boots - Best Multipurpose Boots

Wranglersid

Reaction score
If any of you are planning to buy shoes for multipurpose use then I think this one is a smart buy.
After a lot of of brainstorming, R&D and discussion with so many riders - I finally took a call and bought Quechua Trek 500 today. Purpose it's gonna solve -
1. They are pretty good boots for riding. Not as safe as professional riding boots but safe enough. Pretty rigid at the front and around the ankle. Not problem at all in shifting gears and they have a good grip on the wet road as well.
2. They are professional hiking boots so no problem in walking around. They are very Light weight and very comfortable.
3. They are fully waterproof. They actually kept a shoe dipped 99% inside a water container in decathlon. The only way water can enter in them is from above.
4. I always wanted good leather boots to wear on my denims and this one is just perfect. And yes it's first time I have come across leather shoes which are completely waterproof. Apparently they have used some membrane or god knows what to make it this way. They have apparently kept a shoe in decathlon sliced into half to show us how exactly are the layers inside.
5. The biggest con of these boots are that they are not resoleable but I don't think so I would need to change the sole for atleast next 5-6 years as I am gonna use them more for Riding than Hiking.
6. I would give them 10 out of 10 on looks.

You can use this link to read about the reviews of these boots.

Ps If you have any query, then please leave a comment and I will get back to you.

Attachments

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Reaction score
No doubt the shoe is good but it lacks steel toe (or similar protection) and ankle protection. I had a bad fall and just because I was wearing a proper riding boot from biking brotherhood, despite the bike was on top of my feet and dragged for around 20 meters, my ankle didnt twist. If it would have been this kind of shoe (decathlon one), i would have definitely dislocated my ankle. I addition to that, lack of steel toe is a little scary while doing off road or bad patches...

Sajeesh

[email protected]

IBRO
Planning Commission
Reaction score
One of the good option less costly option compared to the higher end riding boots are Aspidia Equinox. Have been using them for over a year and the shoes does the job pretty decently. I have experienced the safety of the product myself on my mega adventure in the year 2018 to Spiti. I ride a Thunderbird 500 and when riding long distance you tend to relax your feet and stretch. While doing so, i happen to clip my leg on huge wooden block lying on the road. The impact was hard and painful, thanks to these boots all i lost was just a toe nail. I was scared that i had a broken toe fingers but nothing of that sort. Thanks to these boots.

I have previously used the Decathlon shoes too and as rightly mentioned by Sajeesh bhai the Hard toe protector is missing which takes the first impact on any untoward incident.