Royal Enfield 500CC new air filter pack

rohitraon

Reaction score
Thought that this would be really useful for fellow bulleteers out there.

This is a great improvement form the walruses air filter design, which was completely exposed.

The Enfield guy who took me through the PDI, said that this comes only with the 500CC classic series. My opinion was that all Enfields be it EFI or carb should have this feature and suggested this to the Enfield.

With this new air filter packing, our Bulls can breathe easy!

blackbeast87

Reaction score
Nice share, didn't know that this comes only in 500cc EFI classic, even I own the same one hehe ^_^

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Reaction score
rohitraon said:

This is a great improvement form the walruses air filter design, which was completely exposed.

The Enfield guy who took me through the PDI, said that this comes only with the 500CC classic series. My opinion was that all Enfields be it EFI or carb should have this feature and suggested this to the Enfield.

Nice Info Rohit Bhai !!!

Can you also find out, how does this improve the performance technically... Understand that it reduces the breathing of dust and improves the life of the air filter...

However, any technical details shared....? And also if this part is available (as a spare) and can the existing owners can fix it...?

can you please check and share the details here please... ;)

Hope these details would surely help the present owners to improve their machines performance...

Cheers,
VeErA

rohitraon

Reaction score
Bullet Brigade said:
rohitraon said:

Nice Info Rohit Bhai !!!

Can you also find out, how does this improve the performance technically... Understand that it reduces the breathing of dust and improves the life of the air filter...

However, any technical details shared....? And also if this part is available (as a spare) and can the existing owners can fix it...?

Hope these details would surely help the present owners to improve their machines performance...

Cheers,
VeErA
Beer Bhai,

I spoke to the Enfield service engineer.

Technical aspects: From what I could gather except the cover for the air filter there is no other technical upgrades.

Installation on carbs/350 CCs: This air filter model is available only in classic 500, continental GTs and TB 500. The engineer said that it could be mounted on the other models, but may require modifications.

I found the following 2 images on the net which shows air filters of both the EFIs and the carbs.... This shows that in the newer version the inlet and outlet bellows are longer. But I am sure a good mechanic should be able to pull this off...

rohitraon

Reaction score
rohitraon said:
Bullet Brigade said:
rohitraon said:

Nice Info Rohit Bhai !!!

Cheers,
VeErA
Beer Bhai,

I spoke to the Enfield service engineer.

Technical aspects: From what I could gather except the cover for the air filter there is no other technical upgrades.

Installation on carbs/350 CCs: This air filter model is available only in classic 500, continental GTs and TB 500. The engineer said that it could be mounted on the other models, but may require modifications.

I found the following 2 images on the net which shows air filters of both the EFIs and the carbs.... This shows that in the newer version the inlet and outlet bellows are longer. But I am sure a good mechanic should be able to pull this off...

Sorry... It should have read Veera Bhai!! However, I can be pardoned as it is the beginning of the weekend... So slipping into beer is ok!!

Scarlett

Reaction score
That's great to know thanks

Sent from my HTC Desire 526G dual sim using Tapatalk

Jaison Thomas

Reaction score
I though this cover is available across all classic models. Am surprised it's only for 500cc class.

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Hmmmm...

Good info rohit...

hopeful that this info is helpful for our brothers... :)

Cheers,
VeErA

Guardian

IBRIGADE
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Jaison Thomas said:
I though this cover is available across all classic models. Am surprised it's only for 500cc class.
Hi Jaison bhai,

Since most of the 500 CC are EFI apart from STD 500... they would have redesigned it... 

Off late there are many cases of "Fuel Pump Failure" (specially in dessert storms)...

Cheers,
VeErA

Sajeesh

Founder & Chief
IBROCK
Planning Commission
Reaction score
Strange.. Even i haven't seen this cover before. Not sure how it can have better performance as it is not letting enough air to enter. But yes.. It will protect from dust for sure.

Cheers ~ Sajeesh

rohitraon

Reaction score
Sajeesh said:
Strange.. Even i haven't seen this cover before. Not sure how it can have better performance as it is not letting enough air to enter. But yes.. It will protect from dust for sure.

Cheers ~ Sajeesh

Even I kept thinking.... Air filter needs air going in right? During the first servicing, I managed to record the air filter with this cover off. It was clear that this cover has been put only with an intention to keep the dust away.... There is no change in the placement of the air filter and the hole through which air goes in..... They are wide apart as in the earlier models.